At Holmwood Aged Care, the health and safety of all our residents is number one priority. We are closely monitoring the situation regarding COVID-19 and all daily updates from the Federal & State Governments response to the increasing confirmed cases.
We understand the importance of caring for your loved ones during this time. However, the Federal Government announced restrictions on visitors to all Aged Care Homes, which we have implemented for the health and safety of our residents.
Revised Visiting Protocol
Effective from 26/3/2020 visiting hours have been ceased.
The following visitors are excluded from this protocol:
- Health professionals or family members involved in the provision of direct care to the family member.
- Family visiting a family member who is in palliative care.
The visitor travel declarations and non-invasive temperature checking protocols remain in place.
We will continue to offer our services to members of the local community who require access to residential aged care.
Additional Federal Government Directives:
- Visitors who are sick or anyone returning from overseas will be barred from visiting aged care facilities.
- Only short visits to residents at facilities will be allowed, with a maximum of two people once per day.
- Any visits must take place in a resident’s room not in any communal areas.
- Anyone who has been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case will be barred from going into an aged care facility.
- All visiting school groups have been barred from aged care as well as any outside entertainment.
- Children under 16 can only visit with special exemptions.
If you believe your circumstances are extraordinary and you must visit, then please contact your facility manager including those excluded from the protocol above.
We would like to thank you in advance for your support and look forward to when we reverse this restriction on visiting hours.